Update day: 20-11-2023
Job Code and Title:
Islamabad / Karachi
No. of Positions
Program Officer – Case Manager – GBV Specialist – CP Specialist
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder seeks to improve access to services for the survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (GBV), and child abuse by linking them to appropriate and effective service providers on a sustainable referral pathway, through working with community champions, engaging with men and boys, women and girls, and community influencers.
The project envisions protecting sexual and reproductive health outcomes that are impacted by violence, incorporating behavior change communication and tools, developing community-based protection approaches, and initiating interventions to create an enabling, gender-positive environment for the prevention and mitigation of gender-based violence.
Pathfinder seeking candidates for a Gender-Based Violence (GBV) & Child Protection (CP) Advisor position for our UNHCR Project. This position will work closely with UNHCR and Pathfinder to strengthen the GBV & CP portfolio through the development of strategic plans, research, training, and professional networking support. This project will contribute directly to UNHCR’s goal of promoting a path to self-reliance and resilience in developing countries by addressing GBV& CP, a cross-sectoral issue that inhibits inclusive economic growth, better health outcomes, democratic and stable societies, gender equality between men and women, and women’s empowerment. Specific objectives for the project will focus on strengthening the prevention and response programming relevant to harmful GBV & CP practices, creating knowledge products to strengthen GBV & CP programming, and supporting and strengthening the GBV & CP community of practice and donor coordination in these issues.Furthermore, he/she offers capacity building, spreads the latest research, and ensuresthe prevention of GBV mechanisms in place.
Key Performance Areas
Major Activities / Responsibilities
Provides support and strategic technical leadership. Responsible for aligning and integrating project strategies and activities with existing systems andimplementing evidence-based interventions that address the different needs of women, men, boys, and girls related to gender equity, equality, and prevention of and response to GBV that can be applied across the activity.
Work with Managers/colleagues across the project to conceptualize, design, and implement evidence-based interventions that address the different needs of women, men, boys, and girls related to gender equity, equality, and prevention of and response to GBV that can be applied across the activity.
Ensures that project performance objectives and mandated deliverables such as technical activities, annual work plans, and programmatic/financial/technical reports are carried out in a timely fashion, meet the highest quality standards and take into account the donor’s requirements and procedures. Collaborates with other project teams, other donors, and country-based entities in the development and implementation ofwomen, men, boys, and girls related to gender equity, equality, and prevention of and response to GBV.
Technical Assistance to Provincial Governments:
Ensuring gender & GBV integration within FP and MNCH areas.
Financial & Administrative Operations
Oversees implementation of administrative and financial operations to ensure compliance with Pathfinder International’s policy and contract provisions. Develops, monitors, and revises budget pipeline and conducts monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of deliverables.
Contracts with and manages local individuals/organizations for identified tasks according to regulations and procedures. Negotiates consultancy agreements and develops the capacity of local partners in mandated program areas.
Security Standards and Guidelines
Ensures that appropriate security standards, guidelines, and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly, and adhered to by the staff in all project offices in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
Develops and presents timely financial, technical, and operations reports and updates on the project’s progress and difficulties. Documents project achievements for communications materials such as annual reports, brochures, and website updates.
Technical Assistance to Project Team:
Provide technical review of key technical and non-technical documents, implementation plans, MEL, and knowledge products and other deliverables; provide gender technical assistance to all team members, as needed, including technical input on gender and women’s empowerment for the MEL plan; Ensure quality of care for all gender and GBV related services through ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, gender studies, social work or another related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in public health, work on gender and gender-based violence will be of added value.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in partnership with the government of Pakistan. Demonstrated knowledge of government processes.
- Knowledge in gender and child protection issues in public health and sensitivity to local culture and traditions in Pakistan.
- Direct experience providing gender technical support, capacity building, and delivering training to a range of audiences and participants.
- Commitment to bringing change to achieve gender equality.
- Has significant donor engagement experience in humanitarian aid
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Relevant educational background and knowledge of the UN.
- Experience in project design and successful business development
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations
- Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Ability to speak across a range of technical issues within an individual’s area of expertise.
- Ability to contribute to project resources such as donor reports, technical briefs, and research
- Advanced ability of organizational and planning skills, meeting deadlines and multitasking
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using local languages and English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, and child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detail-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Travel required (at least 50%)
- Uses cellular and office phones, laptops, or desktop computers.
- This job description format focuses on the position’s main duties and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
- Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
- This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Rs 30,000 - Rs 40,000 a month⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 30,000 - Rs 55,000 a month⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 55,000 - Rs 75,000 a month⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 40,000 - Rs 50,000 a month⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 80,000 - Rs 100,000 a month⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Islamabad