Update day: 17-11-2023
Planning, Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Job Title: Planning, Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator
Department: Country Office Pakistan
Reports to (Title/ Level): Country Representative
Current Grade: SB4-4
UN Women Pakistan works to create an enabling environment where women and girls are empowered and reach their fullest potential and their human, social, economic, cultural and political rights are fully protected and upheld; through the following key outputs:
- Normative frameworks and data
- Inclusive gender financing
- Protection against harmful practices
- Awareness, voice, agency and leadership
Under the supervision of the Country Representative, the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Analyst is responsible for ensuring that a Results-Based Management (RBM) approach is fully integrated into the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) of Pakistan; and the Strategic Note, the Vision Document, Annual Work Planing and Reporting of UN Women Pakistan, including, evidence-based programming approach and the results based M&E. Responsibilities include: managing the programme Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation (LME) activities; monitor, assess, analyze and produce reports about key results and achievements across UN Women Pakistan programmes; provide technical support on Results-Based Planning, Reporting, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; support RBM and M&E activities of the Research and Data Section. The PM&E Analyst will work closely with the Partnership and Communications Unit on economic analyses to guide programming in the area of inclusive and resilient economies and gender inclusive financing (GIF).
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Provide specialized technical support on the strategic direction of the office and of multi-stakeholder forums that UN Women leads
- Provide support to senior management, including Country Representative, on strategic areas;
- Provide technical and strategic support in managing aspects of the programme design for ensuring compliance and accountability in programme monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- Develop policy documents, briefs and other strategic papers/materials for use in the development and presentation of innovative and coherent policy and programmatic positions;
- Lead development of strategic plans, including biennial workplans and strategic notes, and their alignment with global priorities
- Provide support on multi-stakeholder forums that UN Women leads
2. Inclusive and Resilient Economies
- Prepare economic analyses to guide programming in the area of inclusive and resilient eocnomies and gender inclusive financing (GIF)
- Lead preparation of briefs, concept notes and other strategic documents for GIF related initiatives;
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to advance GIF related initiatives;
3. Facilitate and contribute to the incorporation of monitoring and reporting into programme formulation
- Facilitate and contribute to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Incorporate inputs from relevant evaluation findings, lessons learnt conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation;
- Contribute to annual workplan preparation, review and reporting;
- Provide technical support to Programme Team and partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans.
4. Contribute substantively to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan
- Draft and monitor the CO Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan including tools for monitoring and reporting on programme activities;
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure that data collection and analysis from field visits are standardized across units and programmes;
- Make a quarterly plan for regular monitoring of partners’ activities;
- Plan and undertake monitoring visits in accordance with the overall plan along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and processes as required;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
- Develop management briefs/ reports based on the monitoring to inform decision-making.
5. Support the reporting of results to internal and external audiences
- Facilitate the process of the CO meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Draft donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
6. Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge, as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools for RBM, monitoring & evaluation, and reporting, including training materials and packages;
- Promote awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce quality analytical reports
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Knowledge of UN programme management systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Project Management, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/ Women’s Studies is required.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in strategic programme planning; or monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes;
- Good organizational management and technical skills with track record of planning, monitoring and reporting of country programmes;
- Experience in developing participatory PM&E systems and analysing data;
- Experience in UN System Coordination is an asset;
- Experience in gender inclusive financing is an asset;
- Experience in United Nations systems especially at the Country or Regional level is an asset;
- Excellent English drafting ability and documentation/ report-writing skills;
- Field experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/2022-07/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form-en.doc.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees. Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need. If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application. UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Rs 30,000 - Rs 35,000 a month⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 25,000 - Rs 40,000 a month⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 40,000 - Rs 45,000 a month⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 45,000 - Rs 50,000 a month⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
💸 Rs 25,000 - Rs 30,000 a month⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Islamabad
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Islamabad